Our Core Beliefs
We aim to fulfil the commission left to the church by Jesus. We will do this by innovative outreach, regularly meeting together, discipleship, worship and biblical based ministry.
18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.
19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and Son and the Holy Spirit.
20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:18-20 (NLT)
- There is only one true God who is the infinite King, creator of all things. He is one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God and base our lives around this fundamental truth.
- Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, demonstrated His Father’s love through preaching the good news of the gospel. He demonstrated His power through miracles and healing the sick. He died for our sins, rose after three days and showed His resurrected body to his disciples and many others. He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father and will return as promised to judge the living and the dead.
- If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart, that Jesus Christ is Lord, you will be saved.
- What we’ve found in Jesus, we should share with everyone. We believe in the power of the gospel to radically change broken lives and we can’t stay silent about this truth.
- Prayer changes the impossible into the possible. “His kingdom come… on earth as it is in heaven.”
- Transformed People Transform Communities
- God’s supernatural power is demonstrated through signs and wonders. Jesus demonstrated power evangelism as He shared the good news of His Fathers kingdom and we a called to replicate this in our lives.
- Living in unity and loving one another makes us stronger
- True worship is displayed in a life totally and radically sold out for Jesus
- Disciples should make Disciples
Our Core Values
Jesus at the centre
We declare that Jesus is at the centre of all we do and all we believe.
Without this fundamental truth we have no firm foundation to build our lives upon.
“For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.”
Disciples demonstrating God’s love
We believe in building communities of believers that function and demonstrate the love of God. We believe our lives should always display that we are followers and disciples of Jesus and that people see this by our actions rather than what we say.
“All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had.”
Acts of the Apostles 4:32
The church is not a building its the people
We believe we are called to make disciples not build ministries. Investing in people’s lives will benefit communities where God’s love is displayed and demonstrated by the way we live.
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Ministry gifts are given to build the church
We believe that the church grows and functions when ministry gifts are evident.
God has appointed men and women with gifts with the purpose of strengthening His church.
“Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.”
11 Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.
12 Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.Ephesians 4 11-13
We believe the five fold ministry is God’s plan and order for His church to function and grow as He ordained.